About the Firm
Established San Diego Bankruptcy Lawyer Helps Ease Your Financial Burden
Dedicated legal support for Californians seeking debt relief through bankruptcy
If you’re overwhelmed by credit card debt, medical bills, or other types of payments you’re unable to keep up with, bankruptcy may be the answer you’ve been looking for. At The Law Offices of Ronald E. Stadtmueller, with four San Diego-area locations, I have represented clients in bankruptcy matters since 1990. As a certified State Bar of California Legal Specialist in Bankruptcy Law and a member of the Standing Panel of Bankruptcy Trustees for the Southern District of California, I have an intricate knowledge of the debt relief process. I can help stop creditor harassment, collection notices, and even foreclosure depending upon your circumstances. Whether you seek to discharge your debt through Chapter 7 or pay creditors back over time through Chapter 13, I can help you set a course for debt-free living.
Comprehensive bankruptcy guidance for San Diego-area clients
Clients seeking debt relief in the greater San Diego area seek my legal help for many reasons, but especially because I offer:
- Established counsel — For more than 25 years, my firm has provided California residents and businesses with trusted bankruptcy advice.
- Hands-on guidance — Knowing that the legal process can add to the stress of your financial situation, I work alongside you to determine the best option for handling your debt and then guide you through each step of filing for Chapter 7 or 13.
- Personalized attention — I tailor my representation to meet the unique needs of each client I serve.
- Experience you can trust — I was a Chapter 13 Trustee from 2005 through 2009, and have been a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustee since 2009
Most people become overwhelmed by debt through no fault of their own — because of catastrophic medical bills, a job loss, or a death in the family. The good news is that bankruptcy exists as a legal option for debt relief, allowing people to wipe the slate clean and regain a firm financial footing, while putting an end to creditor harassment through the automatic stay. I offer a free consultation to learn about your unique circumstances and provide you with a knowledgeable assessment of how bankruptcy may help.
Area of Practice
Experienced lawyer provides strong bankruptcy counsel
My firm represents San Diego-area clients in the following types of bankruptcy
- Chapter 7 — Many people seeking to discharge debt do so through Chapter 7. I can review your level of debt and finances to determine if this bankruptcy method will work for your situation. Chapter 7, or liquidation, bankruptcy means your nonexempt assets will need to be liquidated to repay your creditors, but your remaining eligible debt will be discharged, usually within three to six months.
- Chapter 13 — I also represent clients in Chapter 13 bankruptcy proceedings. This form of bankruptcy is best suited for people who have a consistent income, have property they wish to keep, and can pay creditors back over three to five years.
As a legal specialist in bankruptcy law, I have a deep understanding of the pain, frustration, and stress your debt is causing you and the options that bankruptcy has to offer. Drawing on more than 25 years of experience, I am determined to help you find lasting financial relief.
Contact a skilled San Diego bankruptcy attorney
The Law Offices of Ronald E. Stadtmueller focuses on helping San Diego-area residents overcome debt through Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy. Please call 858-564-9310 or contact me online
to schedule a free initial consultation at one of my firm’s offices, in Mission Valley, Rancho Bernardo, San Marcos, and La Jolla. Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturday by appointment. My firm offers military discounts and payment plans.